FBHW Forums
Events of 2008 - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: I can't wait to talk about........ (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Events of 2008 (/showthread.php?tid=2210)

Events of 2008 - linzi - 01-02-2009

What were some of your memorable moments? Can be personal or something from the news.

I watched my niece being born and I cut the cord. Except for my two being born this was a day I'll cherish forever. I am absolutely in love with her.

Watching the Patriots lose the Super Bowl after their winning season...and then seeing Tom Brady injured and not playing at all.

The Casey/Caylee Anthony mess. I'm just relieved that little Caylee is finally at peace and I hope the mother burns in hell for what she did.

Events of 2008 - hotzester - 01-02-2009

Sold the old house in late '07 and moved into this one on New Year's Eve, so our first day in the new house was 1/1/08.

Also had the baby in '08.

Also bought a boat and a bike in '08.

It's been a busy year. Hopefully '09 settles down a bit!

Events of 2008 - potthole - 01-02-2009

Got murried in May. Bought first home in October.

Events of 2008 - -Jiggy- - 01-02-2009

In March we moved from Caledonia to Kent City - 50 mins North.

My wife worked at a summer camp as a lifeguard and I volunteered so we lived there in the summer months.

My shop went out of business early November. Still looking.

Events of 2008 - mainerliser - 01-02-2009

I decided I wanted a divorce one year ago in January '08, and I have worked toward that for the whole year. I told him in June, bought my own house in June, moved out in July with my girls, and the divorce will be final Jan. 6th. The overwhelming anxiety that I had over the past couple of years has seemed to vanish and I am feeling stronger than ever. This year is for me and my girls!

Events of 2008 - plumpenut - 01-03-2009

Tiger winning the US Open on one leg. I decided to go back to school and go for something I truely enjoy.

Events of 2008 - Biff - 01-03-2009

potthole Wrote:Got murried in May.

How does one get "murried".

I flew to China with two 7 month old babies in tow. I flew back 2 weeks later. 2 weeks after that I flew back to China again. Then in another two weeks I flew back to the U.S. with those same babies, now 8 months old. I was exhausted for months.

Events of 2008 - Mad Dog - 01-03-2009

I had shoulder surgery in March to repair a torn labrum, which was an extension of backward fall I had in June of 07 which broke my elbow. Followed by months of very painful physical therapy for frozen shoulder.

I moved out of my room mates into a new apartment for me and my son.

My car died in July and I had to ride my bike to work for a month.

My ex-wife wound up in the hospital with chronic heart failure as an extension to needing chemo therapy six years ago.

I started dating like crazy the last couple of months.

Events of 2008 - potthole - 01-03-2009

Admin Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Got murried in May.

How does one get "murried".

I flew to China with two 7 month old babies in tow. I flew back 2 weeks later. 2 weeks after that I flew back to China again. Then in another two weeks I flew back to the U.S. with those same babies, now 8 months old. I was exhausted for months.

You don't want to know.

Events of 2008 - hussywoman - 01-04-2009

Moved out of my parent's house into my own apartment, first time living on my own.

Met a great guy in January '08 and started dating him, he lost his job in May and finally got a new job in December (hopefully '09 will be better for him).

Went to a few concerts in the beginning of the year, got front row seats to Carrie Underwood.

Events of 2008 - dolph - 01-04-2009

Bought my first house in the span of an hour and a half and then only took 10 days to close.

Got a new little dog to make the life even better than it already is.

Watched the woman slowly work her way through the ranks to get a nice new promotion at the start of 09'. I'm very proud of her I wouldn't of had the patience to stick it out.

Events of 2008 - krystal - 01-09-2009

Bought a new car. But only after killing my old one. Now I have a car payment, which sucks.

Events of 2008 - linzi - 01-09-2009

Yes. But now you get to enjoy that new car scent.

Events of 2008 - hotzester - 01-10-2009

Quote:Went to a few concerts in the beginning of the year, got front row seats to Carrie Underwood.

She does a great live show, doesn't she? I saw her a couple years ago and was quite impressed. She covers Sweet Child O' Mine by GnR and it's awesome!

Events of 2008 - beckyp - 01-11-2009

hotzester Wrote:
Quote:Went to a few concerts in the beginning of the year, got front row seats to Carrie Underwood.

She does a great live show, doesn't she? I saw her a couple years ago and was quite impressed. She covers Sweet Child O' Mine by GnR and it's awesome!

Paradise City. Grand Rapids, last year. coolest thing i've ever heard.

Events of 2008 - dino - 01-11-2009

Jo Wrote:
hotzester Wrote:She does a great live show, doesn't she? I saw her a couple years ago and was quite impressed. She covers Sweet Child O' Mine by GnR and it's awesome!

Paradise City. Grand Rapids, last year. coolest thing i've ever heard.

I have mixed feelings about that encore. I thought I sounded good for on her part but she took a kick ass GnR song and sissied it out a bit. I also look around when it began and everyone had a confused look on their face like they had no idea what the hell it was.

Events of 2008 - Allyson - 01-11-2009

Graduated college, started working, and moved in with my boyfriend in May '08.

Events of 2008 - Titan! - 01-11-2009

In '08...

I got an A in my photoshop class

Was an "official" photographer at the Kid Rock concert

Shot a couple weddings

Shot a couple seniors

Shot a couple hot chicks

Posted a couple thousand posts here on the board

got in a dozen or so pissing matches with Biff and the mods

Got an official listing on IMDB

Got 4 more A's at GRCC

and in general moved forwards towards my goals

09 is yours baby ! Grab it with both hands and own it !

Events of 2008 - -Jiggy- - 01-11-2009

What is the link to your IMDB listing?

Events of 2008 - Queenie - 01-12-2009

Jiggy Wrote:What is the link to your IMDB listing?

Looks like this might be it:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3187544/

Events of 2008 - fustercluck - 01-14-2009

Got exchange student from Frenchland
sent her home early for drinking at school
new boat
got ballplayer
sent him home early for being a dick
dog died
found out wife preggo
lost job

Events of 2008 - 0rz0ski - 01-15-2009

I got engaged October 10.
I also got a 4.0 for the Fall 2008 semester.

Now I get to plan a wedding...fun.

Events of 2008 - krystal - 01-15-2009

I forgot that I changed jobs. I went from fast food to being an assistant at a law firm. But it feels like I've been here forever, which is probably why I forgot...

Events of 2008 - Howie Feltersnatch - 01-15-2009

birth of my daughter Genevieve
moved into OUR house
purchase of my first street legal motorcycle
was given the Fire Fighter of the Year award.
became a mod on the best message board ever

Events of 2008 - potthole - 01-15-2009

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:became a mod on the best message board ever

Suckup. :Smile

Events of 2008 - Biff - 01-15-2009

potthole Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:became a mod on the best message board ever

Suckup. :Smile

Now Titan considers you part of the bitch squad.

Events of 2008 - Mad Dog - 01-17-2009

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:was given the Fire Fighter of the Year award.

Did you pull twenty people form burning buildings?

Events of 2008 - Titan! - 01-22-2009

FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:found out wife preggo
lost job

Congrats on the pregnancy

And holy S man, what a shitty time to lose your job