FBHW Forums
red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: I can't wait to talk about........ (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 (/showthread.php?tid=765)

red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 - uhohspagettio - 07-16-2008

Just read that the 11 time Stanley Cup Champion Detroit Red Wings will be playing the Chicago Blackhawks on New Year's Day 2009 at Wrigley Field. Anyone want to carpool? If I take out the booster in the back we can fit 5. Or I can leave it in and Zane and 4 others can come.

red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 - Wiener Poopie - 07-17-2008

Wish I could go, why is it not at Detroit? It is hockey town

red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 - Howie Feltersnatch - 07-17-2008

It'd be Tits to go....but i'll probably be hungover er something

red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 - potthole - 07-17-2008

I guess there goes the chance of them playing against the Rangers in Yankee Stadium.

red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 - Queenie - 07-18-2008

I seem to remember talk of an outdoor hockey game last year, and if memory serves me correct (but i'm sure you'll let me know if it doesn't Tongue) it was the first ever hockey game played in an open-air stadium. I've been to a few of the Predators games and I'm sure Wrigley Field will be an awesome venue, but isn't part of the thrill of a hockey game that you are in such tight quarters?

red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 - Wiener Poopie - 07-18-2008

Queenie Wrote:I seem to remember talk of an outdoor hockey game last year, and if memory serves me correct (but i'm sure you'll let me know if it doesn't Tongue) it was the first ever hockey game played in an open-air stadium. I've been to a few of the Predators games and I'm sure Wrigley Field will be an awesome venue, but isn't part of the thrill of a hockey game that you are in such tight quarters?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_War_(ice_hockey)

The NHL actually took the concept from college hockey, particularly the

red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 - Howie Feltersnatch - 07-18-2008

what do tickets run i really really want to go

red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 - potthole - 07-18-2008

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:what do tickets run i really really want to go

Doubt they're on sale yet.

red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 - peachs - 07-21-2008

I enjoyed the Buffalo v. Pittsburgh game last year... although Pens had to go and win it /barf

red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 - vsangelchick - 07-22-2008

I'm all about going...of course work will probably prevent that....stupid retail holiday season...

red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 - Biff - 07-22-2008

vsangelchick Wrote:I'm all about going...of course work will probably prevent that....stupid retail holiday season...

VS is open on NYD?

red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 - vsangelchick - 07-22-2008

Of course we are....I may just have to take it off though...that IS what PTO is for...

red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 - potthole - 07-22-2008

Admin Wrote:
vsangelchick Wrote:I'm all about going...of course work will probably prevent that....stupid retail holiday season...

VS is open on NYD?

Hell, NYD was when all the part-timers would get put to work when I was working at the mall... we weren't able to get holiday pay, so the company figured they'd save on money by scheduling only part-timers and seasonal help.

red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 - plungerhand - 07-22-2008

potthole Wrote:
Admin Wrote:VS is open on NYD?

Hell, NYD was when all the part-timers would get put to work when I was working at the mall... we weren't able to get holiday pay, so the company figured they'd save on money by scheduling only part-timers and seasonal help.

There are no holidays anymore. Everybody is open trying to snag that dollar. They have " Holiday Hours".

red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 - uhohspagettio - 07-22-2008

vsangelchick Wrote:Of course we are....I may just have to take it off though...that IS what PTO is for...
That seals the deal. I'm buying a minivan!

red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 - vsangelchick - 07-23-2008

Screw the minivan, I'm taking the train....and I'll have my bro pick me up at the station.

red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 - uhohspagettio - 07-23-2008

vsangelchick Wrote:Screw the minivan, I'm taking the train....and I'll have my bro pick me up at the station.
drop] arrow hitting target THWOOP[drop

red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 - internkylebusch - 08-08-2008

wingospagettio Wrote:Just read that the 11 time Stanley Cup Champion Detroit Red Wings will be playing the Chicago Blackhawks on New Year's Day 2009 at Wrigley Field. Anyone want to carpool? If I take out the booster in the back we can fit 5. Or I can leave it in and Zane and 4 others can come.

Is there a link to an article that talks about this?

red wings blackhawks 1.1.09 - Rock Monster - 08-08-2008

internkylebusch Wrote:
wingospagettio Wrote:Just read that the 11 time Stanley Cup Champion Detroit Red Wings will be playing the Chicago Blackhawks on New Year's Day 2009 at Wrigley Field. Anyone want to carpool? If I take out the booster in the back we can fit 5. Or I can leave it in and Zane and 4 others can come.

Is there a link to an article that talks about this?

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/team/app?articleid=368865&page=NewsPage&service=page