Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is for Free Beer and those like him!
I had been meaning to send an email to the hotmail account but this is just as good. I know Free Beer always has mentioned here and there how he loves Stratomatica...I think that's how you spell it.

Well there is this baseball game out there that is very similar. Text based and quite fun. It's called Out of the Park. 9 would be the current version but there are many versions pre-dating it. There are ways to get into online leagues, etc. I think the Beer and others whom enjoy this type of game would really like it. Enjoy!
I used to play Stratomatic Baseball. Good times.
I love OOTP. I'm in a league that's been using OOTP 6 for our first three seasons, but we're upgrading to OOTP 8 before the next season starts.

OOTP is a lot of fun, if you're a baseball nerd. Drafting players, and bringing them through the minors is really cool, but also very dorky.
i play in a strat-o-matic face to face football league. love that game. we draft players like fantasy football instead of taking set teams and have a tournament at the end of the season leading to a strat-0-bowl to crown a champion and name a coach of the year and mvp. it's great fun.