Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The things on this list...
The things on this list are things Michael Scott would say on "The Office". This is crazy...
PLD Wrote:The things on this list are things Michael Scott would say on "The Office". This is crazy...

That diversity episode was hilarious!
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
http://www.diversityinc.com/public/3688.cfm

Here's the link to the article. Somehow even funnier in print.
Wowie Groovie !
"You'll notice, I didn't have anybody being Arab. I thought that would be too explosive, uh, no pun intended. But I just thought, "too soon" for Arabs, maybe next year. You know, the ball's in their court."

Thank you Michael Scott. Thank you.
I had a perfect story to call in and share, had I not been at work.

A few years ago my mom was at work. One of her coworkers, an African American woman, said she'd do a task for my mom. Awhile later, the woman came back, apologized, and said she wouldn't be able to get to it that day. A different coworker, nearby, jokingly said, "Don't say that, otherwise you'll be a reneger!"

Everybody stood still, silent, stunned, unsure of what to say. Thankfully the black lady started to laugh, which sort of broke the tension.

EDIT:
After thinking about it, I figured I better correct my spelling on the word. Thanks for pointing out the spelling error, fistor.
potthole Wrote:I had a perfect story to call in and share, had I not been at work.

A few years ago my mom was at work. One of her coworkers, an African American woman, said she'd do a task for my mom. Awhile later, the woman came back, apologized, and said she wouldn't be able to get to it that day. A different coworker, nearby, jokingly said, "Don't say that, otherwise you'll be a reneger!"

Everybody stood still, silent, stunned, unsure of what to say. Thankfully the black lady started to laugh, which sort of broke the tension.

I'm normally not one to be a grammar nazi, but in this case, I think it's warranted: it's "reneger".
I figured I spelled it wrong, but wasn't able to check it from this computer. Don't have ispell installed on here (and the IT Police won't let me install it).