Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockband
Anyone play? it's a little cooler than WOW.

whats your band name?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Have you worked at all today?
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
wienerpoopie Wrote:Have you worked at all today?

no but i'm staying late to continue what i'm doing
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
wienerpoopie Wrote:Have you worked at all today?

no but i'm staying late to continue what i'm doing

Now that's dedication.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:no but i'm staying late to continue what i'm doing

Now that's dedication.

i was told i get to work a 13 hour day at the last minute...just so that i can use a cordless drill to assist cityslicker hippy ninnies in drilling holes in rain barrels....

EFF
Kathleen Turner Overdrive
I have it, and i have re-rigged my drums a bit with a real kick pedal. Its so infuriating though because as a drummer I hate playing other people's stuff note for note, i like to improvise a lot on top of it, and this forces you to play note for note. The guitar part is fun though, and i can play that too, but its definitely the way to go.
Yes - LOVE IT!!! It the best video game out there. I love Guitar Hero as well, but nothing is more fun than getting a group of people together and playing in band mode.

What console do you guys plan on? I play on Xbox 360. Do you guys ever download additional content? That's the best part - I love getting new songs!
toki Wrote:Yes - LOVE IT!!! It the best video game out there. I love Guitar Hero as well, but nothing is more fun than getting a group of people together and playing in band mode.

What console do you guys plan on? I play on Xbox 360. Do you guys ever download additional content? That's the best part - I love getting new songs!

I'm actually in 2 bands, both on 360...my console is Kathleen Turner Overdrive and my buddies counsole houses 'the Teabags'

my buddy has downloaded a bunch of songs but i dont have highspeed nor a live account. My bud tryed to bring his hd over and the songs didn't work off live....it sucked...we couldn't play the downloaded content...i wish they would release them to a disk like the maps in halo2...sell them in bundles just like a real cd and sell them or $10 or something...that would make me really happy.

you sing, guitar or drum? I can play med on all and hard on some drums and some guitar... i'm usually the singer or drummer
my band on rock band is....

Huevo Splash
I've got it for the 360. I drum Smile
I'm decent at it too. The last time I checked, I was in the top 500 highest scorers, on expert. Being an actual drummer helps I guess Wink
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
toki Wrote:Yes - LOVE IT!!! It the best video game out there. I love Guitar Hero as well, but nothing is more fun than getting a group of people together and playing in band mode.

I'm actually in 2 bands, both on 360...my console is Kathleen Turner Overdrive and my buddies counsole houses 'the Teabags'

my buddy has downloaded a bunch of songs but i dont have highspeed nor a live account. My bud tryed to bring his hd over and the songs didn't work off live....it sucked...we couldn't play the downloaded content...i wish they would release them to a disk like the maps in halo2...sell them in bundles just like a real cd and sell them or $10 or something...that would make me really happy.

you sing, guitar or drum? I can play med on all and hard on some drums and some guitar... i'm usually the singer or drummer
I love playing it all . . . well, except bass. On guitar I play Expert on most songs (but I really suck ass at the solo sections), when singing I usually play on Hard or Expert, and drumming it just really depends on the song - on some songs I'm scared to go past Medium if there's too much bass pedal action, but then on other songs I can play Expert (Black Hole Sun, Dani California, and Can't Let Go are my most favorite songs to drum to!)

My husband . . . who is a drummer . . . always plays bass or sings. He can't stand playing the little fake drum kit! I, however, love it!

Great band names, btw. Big Grin I hope to get an Xbox Live Gold account this week so I can play online with other people!
now i feel crappy for only playing at med/hard....how many hours a week you play?

the time i play would probably be classified in minutes/month
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:now i feel crappy for only playing at med/hard....how many hours a week you play?

the time i play would probably be classified in minutes/month

Oh, don't feel crappy! Gosh, for only playing a few minutes a month you're actually doing REALLY well.

I probably play a couple of hours a week, I'm guessing. But, I was a music major in college (the first time around) and I'm married to drummer with a music degree. That probably helps a bit. It's not the same as playing an actual instrument, but the coordination is very similar.
Just FYI, some of the hardest songs on guitar are a lot of the custom ones that were made for Guitar Hero 2. They probably work in 3 also, but i never bothered getting that, since i found the way to hack the gibsons for GH2 and get any song i want. They are Expert only BTW
I play RB on 360 as well. I don't remember what we called our band as we went through a million different variations before settling on the current one. It could be either Kid Leo or Simon Henry (dogs names lol). I didn't pay much attention to it.