Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSL's
I wwas flipping through channels yesterday when I passed the HBO sports show, not usually a being a fan, but I found it so compelling that I watched the whole program. The things there doing to lifelong fans is RIDICULOUS and I think it should be borderline criminal. After asking devoted fans to pay increases in some cases as much as $100,000 , I think they deserve what they get to lose these '"lifetime" fans. BRAVO !!!! You can sell your PSL but that 's no consolation. SEE YA JOE AVERAGEFAN!!!! HELLO CABLE TV SPORTS!!!!
I think it will be a while until the owners feel the pinch. There are tons of wealthy or insanely devoted fans.

I for one am a "one game a year" kind of fan. So I'm under the understanding that this won't really affect me.
Does anybody else want to start a boycott of sports games?
patfromportland Wrote:Does anybody else want to start a boycott of sports games?

Just the Lions. Last two times I have seen them has been in Wisconson... in December.... Damn that's cold! Lambeau in December, one of those things every sports fan should see.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Not to mention crap like making PSL owners pay full price for preseason games. That's just stupid.

And I can't stand it when billionaire owners want the taxpayers to pay for their stadiums. Of course we always give in, but here in Nashville Bud Adams had us bend over and grab our ankles. The deal he got was retarded. I like the Titans and all but all the crap about sports teams and venue "revitalizing' downtowns is bullcrap.
patfromportland Wrote:Does anybody else want to start a boycott of sports games?

Nope! I agree that PSL's are a stupid idea, but the guys hit the nail on the head while talking about this on the show. All that'll happen is the average fan won't get season tickets, but the corporate types will still buy them and put butts in the seats.

A boycott like this would be just as useful as a boycott of filling up on gas for a day. In other words, completly useless.
I know what you mean" residentialevil" ,I am also from the Nashville area and was excited when the Titans came to town. But with all the BS surrounding the team,stadium,ticket prices etc. I became quickly disgusted with the idea of paying to see the Titans play and now " I REALLY DON"T GIVE A SH*T". Thanks " disgusted fan".
My buddy and I got PSL's for the Titan's for $1500 a piece back in '99. lower level,in the corner, pretty sweet seats. I later sold him my seat, 'cause it sucked up a whole lotta Sundays. Now, I just tell him what game(s) I want to go to, and just pay him face ($54). Like everything, it has a shelf life. After you've been to 30+ NFL games, 3 playoff's (including the Miracle), and an AFC Championship, it becomes old hat. That and I just can't justify spending the money any more.
When we lived in St. Louis, we had season tickets for the Rams. We didn't own the PSL, but bought the tix from the owner. He had seats all over the dome and make a few bucks over face per ticket for friends, and screwed the folks he didn't know.
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
Yeah PSL's suck. Luckily, the Titans came to Nashville before the owners decided to completely bend over the fans. I have endzone seats that the PSL cost me $750. (The woman who called the show and said she paid $3000 per seat for nosebleed section is just plain wrong. There was not a PSL for sale in the upper level for more than $1500, if my memory serves me correct. $3000 per would have gotten some primo seats in the lower bowl.) I can walk in off the street and be in my seat in 1 minute.

Now, what I do have a problem with is the pre-effin-season. I usually don't go just because of the fact that they got my money for the ticket. But, I will be damned if they get my concession money. I know, I know, call me Don Quixote jousting at windmills but, it is the one way that I feel I can snub them.

Also, when I first got my tickets 10 years ago, they were $41 per game. Now, they are $58. 41% increases REALLY suck. Oh well, if you had asked me 15 years ago if Nashville would have and NFL team, I'd have laughed. So, I am happy that I have the chance to see them.
Why pay out the a-- just to see a game....not going to happen anymore when it goes up....people will be spending more time at home.