Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a dessert idea
something i can make a signature dish to bring to family gatherings.

i like chocolate, but any recipes and suggestions would be cool.
life savers candy only really work if you have diabetes
imatoolhed46n2//imatoolhed dudeguy
TOYKO!! R.I.P. the alien gus
Why don't you bring in either a simple Peach Cobbler or make Magic Cookie Bars. Very simple to make, very tasty to eat.
Death by Chocolate....it's fantastic, and extremely easy to make.
Do what's right....even when no one is looking.
vsangelchick Wrote:Death by Chocolate....it's fantastic, and extremely easy to make.

Yep, you are right. Hopefully nobody in his family has diabetes... It's the best recipe, but my gosh, don't give it to a kid.
This is SO good and is always the only dessert dish to have zero leftovers at my family's Christmas party.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1613,157...01,00.html

Lorna Doone Delight
vsangelchick Wrote:Death by Chocolate....it's fantastic, and extremely easy to make.

i don't know, but i'm making that for myself!!
Are you locked into bringing it pre-made, or can you make it there? I LOVE making Bananas Foster, because it has a gourmet flair to it while being incredibly easy to make. Plus it's DELICIOUS.

The down side is that for maximum effect you'd have to make it in the same place you're serving it.
hotzester Wrote:Are you locked into bringing it pre-made, or can you make it there? I LOVE making Bananas Foster, because it has a gourmet flair to it while being incredibly easy to make. Plus it's DELICIOUS.

The down side is that for maximum effect you'd have to make it in the same place you're serving it.

Sounds like something for romance. Flames and kids don't mix. lol.
Classic Fudge Pie . . .easy to make and as soon as find the recipe, I'll post it. Otherwise, the most simple dessert I've ever made, and love to eat, is a fruit cobbler:

1 stick of butter (has to be real butter)

put in casserole dish and in oven at 350 degrees

1 cup of sugar
1 cup of milk
1 cup of flour

mix well with fork until lumps are gone

take casserole dish out of oven when butter is completely melted

pour in mixture

take two cans of peaches in heavy syrup and drain
dice into quarters and scatter in mixture in casserole dish

you can also use 1 can of cherry pie filling

bake 30 minutes or until brown on top

it is absolutely delicious.

I think i'll go make some now!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
My signature is monkey bread. Everyone loves it and it's easy to make. For a healthier kick, use Splenda and margarine..

3 tubes of biscuit dough
1 1/4 c sugar/Splenda
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 stick of butter/margarine

Preheat oven to 350. Mix together 1/2 c sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Open the dough and cut each biscuit into quarters. Cover each piece with the sugar mixture and place into bundt pan. Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in remaining sugar and cinnamon. Pour the liquid mixture over the dough and bake for 35 minutes.

It's a real treat, I always have to make two - one to snack on while I make the second and one to bring to the party.
That's what she said.
Is Death by Chocolate the same as Better Than Sex cake?
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
sort of a similar thing, has anybody else received an amish/friendship bread bag of batter from someone else and actually made it?
i did once. it tasted like a cinnamon donut. pretty good. even if some guy did sling his yogurt in it.
my mother in law made a brownie/pudding/coolwhip layer thing that rocks. make a pan of brownies, crumble up the inside pieces (leave the crust). Make chocolate pudding. Buy cool whip, Buy Heath bar, oreo, or some other sundae topping candy.
In a deep dish, layer brownie, pudding, coolwhip, candy, brownie, pudding, coolwhip, then candy on top. super yummy, pretty easy, always a hit.
dingdongyo Wrote:sort of a similar thing, has anybody else received an amish/friendship bread bag of batter from someone else and actually made it?
i did once. it tasted like a cinnamon donut. pretty good. even if some guy did sling his yogurt in it.
I got this amish stuff from some dude I work with, without the yogurt though. It's like a monster once you start a batch within a month you have bread coming out of your ears. Wow, there's alot of references in that statement.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
sunshyne Wrote:my mother in law made a brownie/pudding/coolwhip layer thing that rocks. make a pan of brownies, crumble up the inside pieces (leave the crust). Make chocolate pudding. Buy cool whip, Buy Heath bar, oreo, or some other sundae topping candy.
In a deep dish, layer brownie, pudding, coolwhip, candy, brownie, pudding, coolwhip, then candy on top. super yummy, pretty easy, always a hit.

awesome thats what i'm talking about
sunshyne Wrote:my mother in law made a brownie/pudding/coolwhip layer thing that rocks. make a pan of brownies, crumble up the inside pieces (leave the crust). Make chocolate pudding. Buy cool whip, Buy Heath bar, oreo, or some other sundae topping candy.

That is a very tasty treat, and not really all that difficult to make, like you mentioned. We'd busted it out a couple of times for get-togethers.
Or you can do like I always do......visit the local grocery store and buy a pie......
yeah, I can cook, I just hate to do it......
I think I will try to do sunshyne's dessert idea though.......that sounds easy and delicious!!
FYI, this has become my new favorite thread. It makes me hungry. Smile
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
yeah, that why i hate watching the food network channel late at nite... but i still do
I think everyone loves this thread.
imatoolhed Wrote:yeah, that why i hate watching the food network channel late at nite... but i still do

I love the Food Network so much, especially Alton Brown. Science + food, two things that make this nerd girl very entertained. ;D :o
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
One of my favorite holiday deserts growing up was fruit pizza.

You start with a cookie dough mixture for christmas cookies. You roll it out flat like pizza dough and bake it like you normally would a cookie.

Once it is baked, you top it with cream cheese frosting and fresh fruit.

Extremely simple, but it is fantastic.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
Mmm yeah I've made fruit pizza before, but use coolwhip with 1 container of vanilla yogurt mixed in it for the frosting. and for fruit it use kiwi, strawberries, and bananas. For 4th of july I use strawberries bananas and blueberries and make an american flag.

Good call opus

That would be death by chocolate, only we use chocolate mousse instead of regular chocolate pudding. Trifle dishes work the best for layering it. If you don't have a favorite brownie mix, Ghirardelli brownies are the BEST!
Do what's right....even when no one is looking.
ah, well that settles it, death by chocolate is the winner. ( i didn't know what it was called, just that it was awesomely awesome)
Screw all the work and go get a tub of Philly premade cheesecake filling, and some graham crackers. Voila, you've got dessert dip.
Donut bread pudding. It's Krispy Kreme donuts to the 10th power.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
I am a chocoholic, this is my favorite thing to make. It doesn't take that much time, except for the refrigeration part.

Chocolate Mousse

ingredients
4 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate (use semisweet if you are not a dark chocolate fan), finely chopped
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
2 tablespoons espresso or strong coffee(optional
1 cup cold heavy cream
3 large eggs, separated
1 tablespoon sugar

Raspberries and extra whipped cream are also optional

prep and make
1 whip the cream to soft peaks, then refrigerate

2 Combine the chocolate, butter and espresso in the top of a double boiler over hot but not simmering water, stirring frequently until smooth. remove from heat and let cool until the chocolate is just slightly warmer than body temp. this happens pretty quickly so don't let it sit too long or it will get too thick when the other ingredients are added

3 as the chocolate is cooling whip the egg whites in a medium bowl until they are foamy and beginning to hold shape. sprinkle the sugar and beat until soft peaks form.

4 Once the chocolate is cool enough stir the yolks in. gently stir about 1/3 of the whipped cream. Fold in half the whites just until incorporated, then fold in the remaining whites, now put in the rest of the whipped cream.

5 Now here you have the option to spoon the mousse into a single serving bowl or individual dishes, I prefer the dishes, it helps it cool down quicker. As you spoon it in you can layer it with the raspberries and the whipped cream. you will want to refrigerate it for about 8 hours especially if in the serving bowl. If in dishes 8 hours is a good benchmark but you will just see it puff up and firm when it is ready, it usually is less than 8 hours for me but this is what the original recipe calls for.

This can serve 5-8 depending on the size.

I have never opted to use the espresso raspberries or extra cream.
This dish is delicious, i love the dark chocolate so i love the bittersweet, but my wife hates it so i use the semisweet. Either way it has a great fluffy flavor, the bittersweet has much more of a rich chocolate flavor though.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]