Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Fix Best Of
Everybody seems to have a complaint about when "best of" is on, so this thread is to suggest ways to make it better.

The main thing for me is that WGRD needs to stop playing music during "best of." it always seems to be a FBHW bit followed by a crappy Green Day song and a U2 song, then another bit and another two songs. If I'm listening to best of FBHW I want to hear FBHW, not Green Day.

The other suggestion I have is to use this board to set up a bit of a playlist before they leave. The "Bring Back..." thread listed a lot of things people would love to hear again. This would make a great guide for what to play during "best of." I would definitely continue to tune in if I knew I would be hearing dude shadoway, most important interview ever, fireworks in the sink, pa pranks, and all of the games that have gotten the axe over the years.

I'm sure people disagree with me here as well, but maybe we can make best of something worth listening to again.
I don't hate the best of shows for the most part. I like listening back to hear stuff I might've forgotten about. I definitely agree though. I hate it when GRD plays music during best of. I didn't tune in to hear 1 or 2 short segments, followed by a half hour of songs, then 5 to 10 minutes of commercials.

Also, I'd like the best of to actually be the best of the guys. Some of the time, it's one day of the show, not the best/funniest segments they've done.

Finally, one really minute detail is that GRD seems to "step" on the last 15 seconds of the segments they play, with the "You're listening to the best of Free Beer and Hotwings, back with more in a moment." It's a really small thing, but it drives me absolutely nuts.
The only thing I hate about "best of"

The Music.

Please no music next week.

Please no music next week...

Please no music next week.....

(Copy and paste as many times as necessary to get my point across)
Wowie Groovie !
Yep, that's my complaint too. Here on the Buzz they play a clip then a song or 2, then it comes back to the Best of. It doesn't have a very good flow, and the first time I listened to the Best of, I actually just thought they were playing a random FB&HW clip between songs.

It woud be much better to just play all clips, they have plenty to fill the full time alotment. I don't like the music being played because that's way too John Boy and Billy.
I do those GRD music quiz things where they offer money for my opinion on how much i hate their playlist...they should do the same thing for FB&HW. use the same little flash quiz with questions on what segments you like...or hell, they always ask 2 extra essay questions afterwards...

morons...we should run the station
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I hate best of. You're right howie we should run the station!!!
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I do those GRD music quiz things where they offer money for my opinion on how much i hate their playlist...

Now if only they'd start to listen when we give the playlist a bad rating...
Podcast it please!
do they podcast for the "best of"
Brian Wrote:do they podcast for the "best of"

Not that I can find and I get cranky without my FBHW fix.