Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe and Ben show
Is it just me or did they claim to have a lot more of the Joe and Ben show than there was aired?
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Philly Mike Wrote:Is it just me or did they claim to have a lot more of the Joe and Ben show than there was aired?
I think a lot of it wasn't as funny as they had hoped it would be. Hell, some of what they aired wasn't as funny as they thought it was, some was Radio Gold.
I thought it was pretty good, not exactly the best they've aired, but better than alot of things they would stick with.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
I loved the Joe & Ben show stuff. I would also like to hear some early FB&HW stuff. I know they had a show where they played some of Hotwings when he first started in radio. They played a flashback segment of that last week during commercials when I was listening online. It sounded hilarious, but then the regular show came back. I missed that one, I hope they replay it sometime.
Please! No more Joe and Ben... I don't think it's that funny...Old FB&HW's is ok sometimes.
I think Joe's dopey laugh is funny . . . and speaking of tiny buffalo, lets talk about the war in Iraq.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:I think Joe's dopey laugh is funny . . . and speaking of tiny buffalo, lets talk about the war in Iraq.

Oh yeah. I forgot about the stoner laughs. He seems to have outgrown that. Or maybe he just stopped smoking pot. Smile
sluttynurse Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:I think Joe's dopey laugh is funny . . . and speaking of tiny buffalo, lets talk about the war in Iraq.

Oh yeah. I forgot about the stoner laughs. He seems to have outgrown that. Or maybe he just stopped smoking pot. Smile

I don't know, but if I were him, I would just to get through some of his Joe stunts.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:
sluttynurse Wrote:Oh yeah. I forgot about the stoner laughs. He seems to have outgrown that. Or maybe he just stopped smoking pot. Smile

I don't know, but if I were him, I would just to get through some of his Joe stunts.
Maybe if he was high he could get through the eating stunts a little better.
dasbow Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:I don't know, but if I were him, I would just to get through some of his Joe stunts.
Maybe if he was high he could get through the eating stunts a little better.

Exactly!
sluttynurse Wrote:I loved the Joe & Ben show stuff. I would also like to hear some early FB&HW stuff. I know they had a show where they played some of Hotwings when he first started in radio. They played a flashback segment of that last week during commercials when I was listening online. It sounded hilarious, but then the regular show came back. I missed that one, I hope they replay it sometime.

yeah, those were all pretty funny, and they get some real good rips on joe, they should call ben or something, get a little reunion thing together, thatd be awesome
I never got to hear many of the Joe and Ben stuff. They'd come on air right at the time I'd have to shut off the radio and go to class. The one or two times I did get to hear it, however, I loved it.
potthole Wrote:I never got to hear many of the Joe and Ben stuff. They'd come on air right at the time I'd have to shut off the radio and go to class. The one or two times I did get to hear it, however, I loved it.
You like the show enough to moderate this stupid board but you don't get the podcast? You need to fix that.
Joe and Ben rule! It reminds me of my College radio days. That was fun Smile
I'd like to hear from Ben. Where is he now? What's he up to ?
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:I'd like to hear from Ben. Where is he now? What's he up to ?

Only Joe knows . . . and he really doesn't want to give up his location.
dasbow Wrote:You like the show enough to moderate this stupid board but you don't get the podcast? You need to fix that.

I've thought about it, but don't have the time to listen to it all. If I could listen to an iPod at work, I'd be all over the podcast.
potthole Wrote:
dasbow Wrote:You like the show enough to moderate this stupid board but you don't get the podcast? You need to fix that.

I've thought about it, but don't have the time to listen to it all. If I could listen to an iPod at work, I'd be all over the podcast.

I agree . . . but from the looks of it, all the posters on this message board, when talking about podcasts, say they are 1-2 months behind. How can you talk about the show and keep up with the board if you're that far behind? Just wonderin . . .
potthole Wrote:

It definitely helps to be able to slap on the headphones and listen at work. If you have a bit of a commute, you can listen to the podcast in the car, too.
loved joe & ben, the lip smacks were hilarious to me since i know a lot of people in my broadcasting class that have that habit.
dasbow Wrote:
potthole Wrote:I've thought about it, but don't have the time to listen to it all. If I could listen to an iPod at work, I'd be all over the podcast.
It definitely helps to be able to slap on the headphones and listen at work. If you have a bit of a commute, you can listen to the podcast in the car, too.

The current job's currently less than five miles from home, I wouldn't make it very far. At the end of the summer I might be transferring offices, to one where I would be allowed to throw on my headphones while doing the work, so I'll be looking at podcasting then.
The Joe&Ben show crap was one of the worst segments they've ever done. Thank God it's over...or I hope.
sluttynurse Wrote:I loved the Joe & Ben show stuff. I would also like to hear some early FB&HW stuff. I know they had a show where they played some of Hotwings when he first started in radio. They played a flashback segment of that last week during commercials when I was listening online. It sounded hilarious, but then the regular show came back. I missed that one, I hope they replay it sometime.

I remember a while back they played some clips from Knoxville where FB and HW both spoke with radio voices and they had people call in with different names for genitalia. They were dumping on themselves for ever thinking that was funny.
Devilmaker Wrote:I remember a while back they played some clips from Knoxville where FB and HW both spoke with radio voices and they had people call in with different names for genitalia. They were dumping on themselves for ever thinking that was funny.

I heard that . . . it was hilarious . . . and they sounded so weird. They diss on Joe for his lip smaking . . . I think I heard some in that segment too.