Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question regarding Bob and Tom
Can anybody tell me how the FBHW show and B&T fued got started? I hear FBHW make fun of them all the time, but dont know why they hate them.
patfromportland Wrote:Can anybody tell me how the FBHW show and B&T fued got started? I hear FBHW make fun of them all the time, but dont know why they hate them.

Because they're a joke. They invite comedians on and ask them leading questions for hours and over-laugh at everything they say. This way they can put minimal effort into their show and just glom off the material of others. Then the kicker is they put these comedians' material on a CD every year and make a profit from it.

I'm not saying that's why FBWH don't like them, or even if they do or don't, this is just my opinion. They barely put an effort in at all. Kinda like Huge.
One of the guys from B&T once told FBHW at radio camp that they should do overnights b/c there really wasn't enough room for another syndicated morning radio show. FBHW were like WTF?
Fistor Wrote:
patfromportland Wrote:Can anybody tell me how the FBHW show and B&T fued got started? I hear FBHW make fun of them all the time, but dont know why they hate them.

Because they're a joke. They invite comedians on and ask them leading questions for hours and over-laugh at everything they say. This way they can put minimal effort into their show and just glom off the material of others. Then the kicker is they put these comedians' material on a CD every year and make a profit from it.

I'm not saying that's why FBWH don't like them, or even if they do or don't, this is just my opinion. They barely put an effort in at all. Kinda like Huge.

QFT
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
We use to have the Bob and Tom show around here,but now it's gone and replaced by a lame morning show.They have had their moments of funniness,but it's all the same every day.
Jimbo Zane Wrote:We use to have the Bob and Tom show around here,but now it's gone and replaced by a lame morning show.They have had their moments of funniness,but it's all the same every day.

Yeah. We still have B & T. I accidentally hit the wrong radio button the other morning and heard them for 3 seconds. Projectile vomitted all over my windshield. (In my defense, 101.3 plays some good music in the afternoon, that's why it is programmed)
On a recent show FB&HW said the reason they hate Bob and Tom is because they do no work and make a ton of money, while our guys bust their ass every day for four or five hours of material for much less. Understandable.
That's what she said.
I think it is because they try to steal bits and stuff.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
i give you a typical dayplan for the bob and tom show.

1. play repetitive songs and bits for 5-10 minutes
2. sign on and play even more songs and bits that listeners have requested
3. kristi lee reads the news then have slight discussion and/or do a "tribute" to said news story by playing repetitive song or bit.
4. chick gives sports update and gets insulted
5. have comedian guest do their material for 45 minutes laughing hysterically no matter what
6. kristi lee reads the news then have slight discussion and/or do a "tribute" to said news story by playing repetitive song or bit.
7. chick gives sports update and gets insulted.
8. have another comedian come in to do material for 45 minutes laughing hysterically no matter what
9. have "donnie baker," "larry king," "bill clinton", or "kenny tarmac" call in.
10. sign off.
turf Wrote:i give you a typical dayplan for the bob and tom show.

3. kristi lee reads the news then have slight discussion and/or do a "tribute" to said news story by playing repetitive song or bit.
5. have comedian guest do their material for 45 minutes laughing hysterically no matter what
6. kristi lee reads the news then have slight discussion and/or do a "tribute" to said news story by playing repetitive song or bit.
8. have another comedian come in to do material for 45 minutes laughing hysterically no matter what
9. have "donnie baker," "larry king," "bill clinton", or "kenny tarmac" call in.
10. sign off.

You need to add "Laugh uncontrollably for no reason whatsoever" between each one of those.
They made it clear that they don't necessarily hate Bob and Tom, but all of the stuff about the lack of effort and tons of money is true.

Plus, who doesn't love tons of fake laughs? Am I right?
turf Wrote:i give you a typical dayplan for the bob and tom show.

10. sign off.

Bingo.

Here's the B&T show boiled even further down.

Hey Tom!

Yes Bob?

You know how comedians are always trying to sell more records and get into movies and television?

Yah?

Let's invite them in on our show. We can use their material, laugh at it and they do all our work.

Brilliant!
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
you forgot about jumbo the frickin elephant and the pope calling in. the only funny bit is ernie ferglars hardware store.