Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road Rage
A couple weeks back I was driving home from work. I was at a point where we were merging over to a new highway, and the car in front of me was going pretty slow. Keeping a good following distance back, I waited until the passing lane opened up. Once it did, I passed the car. As I passed the car, the dude driving it flipped me off. Rather surprised, I looked over at him and sort of gave the "What?" shrug, and continued on my own sweet way.

A short distance later, I noticed this guy had sped up and was driving in the passing lane now- sticking right in the blind spot of my car. He continued to do this for ten miles, before I got to my exit. As I exited the highway, he quickly cut through a lane of traffic to exit as well. Now I was officially pissed/creeped out.

I went ahead and made the turn to head to my apartment complex- as did this guy, a few cars behind me. Before I got to the apartment complex, I darted into the parking lot of a strip mall. I drove around it for a minute or two, just randomly going up and down the rows of cars. The guy didn't follow me this time, so I was hoping that maybe me stalling like this for a short while would lose him. After a couple of minutes, I got back out onto the road to head to my apartment.

This road is one of those city streets that has little grass medians between the opposite directions of traffic. Much to my shock, as I pulled out onto the road, THERE WAS THE GUY AGAIN. Not only was he up the road about a quarter mile, but he was headed right for me- in the wrong direction! The road is two lanes wide, so I was able to move over enough to avoid being hit, but as he drove at and beyond me, he flipped me off yet again. I kept on driving, making another couple of detours before getting to my apartment, just in case he was following me some more. Thankfully he wasn't.

I'm not sure if I've ever been so shaken up before. I'm still confused as to what I did that set this guy off, either.

Messages In This Thread