Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Places you've traveled
sluttynurse Wrote:
Zee Wrote:I have traveled a lot of places in the United States and Canada... but I agree Canada doesn't count... for anything at all. I have also traveled to Ireland, Thailand, Burma, Denmark, and the Dominican Republic. I have had some very unique experiences in my travels. Any specific types of travel experiences that you are looking to hear about? Communist Airlines, weird food, great food, being 'asked' for bribes by men with guns, people trying to take advantage of Americans, fields of opium, strange laws and customs?

You must have some stories. Elaborate on some of the strange stuff.

Hmmm... strange stuff... Well Thailand is very strange in comparison to the United States. Its almost like a different world. If you ever go to Thailand you have to know about certain laws that you wouldn't expect. While I was there I spent five days in the northern part of Thailand referred to as the Golden Triangle where Thailand, Burma, and Laos meet. Apparently at one point the majority of the opium in the world was grown there. Although illegal to grow now in Thailand I still saw fields of opium which is actually a beautiful flower. Even though drugs are common in Thailand and most likely produced there if an American gets caught with any amount on them they are charged with smuggling drugs into the country and will spend a lot of time in prison.

That didn't sound much like a story... let me try again. The largest dam in Thailand is the Queen's Dam. Keep in mind I was 18 when I was in Thailand. A few Thai's my age and I were riding in the back of this pick-up truck and as we approached there was a guard. I pointed to the guard and say look, a dam guard. Apparently that was a new one for them because they laughed so hard that I think one girl peed a little. That just encouraged me, the laughing not the pee, so I continued. Dam road, dam sign, you get the idea. They kept laughing so I kept on going. I asked, since this is the Queen's Dam does that make her the dam Queen? Instantly they all stopped laughing which was followed by an awkward pause that felt like it lasted for at least five minutes. After that they started whispering to each other in Thai, which I still don't understand because they could have shouted in Thai and I wouldn't have understood a word. Then one of them informed me that saying anything bad about the Royal Family is against the law and I could go to jail for what I said. They had discussed whether or not to turn me in and luckily for me decided that I was a stupid American who didn't know any better and they let me off with a warning. Since I am now in America... effin dam Queen.

Messages In This Thread