Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addiction is not a disease
Philly Mike Wrote:
potthole Wrote:I haven't always really liked the term "disease" for things like drug and alcohol addiction, but I certainly think that in some cases, it's a problem that a person honestly can't really control all that well.

No doubt, however it can be considered a disease, and yes the fact that some people can't help themselves is abused by those who can, trying to say they have an addiction when they have complete free will without any biologically viable reason for stating so. So yeah I do feel this is a real thing, but I also know there are people out there faking it.

I have a somewhat addictive personality. This is why I won't let myself start playing video games like WoW and I am definitely addicted to cigarettes and Mountain Dew. I have been a part of a two different addiction groups in the past. I personally never had an addiction that is a disease but I do feel there is a small population that it may actually be a disease. People abuse this concept commonly though. I have heard people that were court ordered to be in a sexual addiction group claim it was a disease and I personally think they were full of shit.

Messages In This Thread