Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idiots at Sportier than Thou!
I've had this theory rolling around in my noggin for a while. Finally to put words to thoughts.

I have little interest in spectator sports, aside from baseball now and then. But I have a statistical and detail oriented mind. It's part of what makes me a geek. It's also what drives me crazy when people misspell things. Apparently, I've passed this down to my son as well. He's been diagnosed with an "autistic spectrum disorder" that makes him gifted in recalling details that most of us forget. It also makes him somewhat socially awkward. It's a give and take situation.

So I theorize that El Matador has a mind that is detail obsessed. Combine that with an interest in sports, and you have the perfect storm of someone who's mostly unbeatable by the general public. Think of "Rain Man", and the perfect recall he had for all of the stuff he was interested in. El Matador is the same way.

So what trumps El Matador? Another individual with the same sort of statistical mind who's into sports. And the statistical mind is the key.

Everyone else loses.

Messages In This Thread