Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Think Neocons Want To Privatize Everything
kaboobie92 Wrote:Part of democracy is being able to respect other people's views. Differing opinions is what makes a democracy function. You obviously don't understand that

I disagree. Democracy is tolerating other peoples' views, but I'm not under obligation to show respect for something when I don't have it. Take religion for example. Throughout the world, it is considered rude to criticize or "show disrespect" for someone's religious beliefs. This current incident with the communion wafer in Florida is a perfect example. Believing that a cracker magically transforms into the flesh of Jesus Christ is an utterly ridiculous and provably false belief. So why do I have to respect it?

If it were ANYTHING else, politics, philosophy, whatever, then criticism would fly like there was no tomorrow. But because it's a RELIGIOUS belief, it can be as stupid and ridiculous as the rantings of a mental patient, but we all have to be nice, and we all have to respect it because "it's what they believe." Bullshit!

Messages In This Thread