Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irritated Vent...
ratrad Wrote:
dasbow Wrote:And the way they get that is by making nice with the people who have the power of legal life or death for corporations. Did you know that Microsoft used to be averse to government intrusion in their industry until the DoJ sued them for antitrust violations (the first pinprick in the tech bubble bursting). Now they use lobbyists as aggressively as any company out there. When the Government gets involved in your business, the only way to survive is to learn to play the Washington Game.

http://news.cnet.com/2010-1071_3-1021938.html

I don't think my nor my daughters health is a business. Health care is not a business. Business is harsh and heartless. I don't think health care should be a part of something that has been defined that way.
Who says business has to be heartless? Some of the greatest advances in medicine came because someone wanted to make a good living coming up with better technology or drugs. All companies are in business to make money. Why should healthcare be different? Why don't we apply the same standards to supermarkets? Do you think your daughter's need for food is a business? How about her need for warm clothes or a safe and comfortable place to live?

Messages In This Thread