Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fan base in pa
stickyfingers Wrote:im another pa fan, outside of philly. but i only listen on podcasts now.

and i would like to say that the bone in allentown SUCKS! not even worth having as a station. seriously, people who would probably like the show would wind up hating it if they only heard it while listening on the bone.

reasons it sucks

1 - the broadcast strength is really weak. i used to live 10 miles from allentown and it would go in and out all the time. and i drove across the lehigh valley for work and it was never really good no matter where i went. by comparision, stations from philly and trenton - all at least 60 miles away - usually come in crystal clear. i used to listen on 97.5 the hawk out of jersey and could hear that fine.

2 - they play music during the show and cut some segments out. i really dont want to hear welcome to the jungle for the 500th time in my life, i want to hear the show.

3 - they chop the segments down to like 10 minutes max and they dont even do a good job. they just have a clip of free beer saying "now back to the fbhw show" and then they just cut in mid sentence. almost unlistenable.

That's pretty close to how WMGK in philly did it, however they 1 upped on the crappy way the bone worked on it.
first of all they would play them at like 10 or 10:30 PM
second of all they would start it and only do like 1 segment, then for about 45 minutes they would play music with hardly any show. I didn't even listen through a whole show on there so I dont even know if they even played 4 hours of it

you can look on the bright side, at least the bone plays it live.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]

Messages In This Thread