Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Law Question
dino Wrote:Unfortunately there is no requirement for organizations to reimburse employees for personal vehicle use but most government organizations have decent mileage reimbursement policies. That's why the government allows you to take that as a deduction on your taxes. I'm guessing you work for a government organization such as County or State and they may have a policy restricting personal vehicle use on government time. A few states have policies restricting the use of motorcycles for official use. This policy may have been in effect when the girl you worked with was in her accident and workers comp may not have covered it since it was a violation of official policy. Otherwise I would think they should have covered it.

ignore the girly story...i didn't have my facts straight when i posted it.

what's happeneing is i work for a farm consulting type state entity. I cary very little equipment and my farmers don't mind so why not ride my bike i say....the bosses that be for me said that for liablity issues I can't ride my bike for work... I just wanted to make sure that it was legal for them to dictate what vehicle I used when driving for work.

After a little research and some answers on here it appears they're not in the wrong....legally...while i still think its bull.

This just means that if I ride the bike TO work when it's an office day I can't take any appts that day... and if the customer asks why I'll just refer them to my supervisor for the policy.

thanks for the replies.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"

Messages In This Thread