Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quit bleeping the farking songs
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:If they gotta bleep the F's then I like how they do it at WGRD. they will just leave a blank spot over the word with nothing or they leave the first letter and last letter of the word or they actually scramble the word, but you NEVER hear an actuall beep

don't they do that during production? like create a radio friendly version in studio?

Yes.

Also, I love the "radio friendly" songs in which the curse words are edited so that they play backwards. Sounds great. Doesn't ruin the flow of the song at all. Not only do the words sound terrible, the beat of the song is reversed for that split second as well, which is maddening to listen to, especially when one of your favorite songs has been slaughtered in this manner.

There is no finer example of this then the "radio friendly" version of Rage Against the Machine's "Killing in the Name", in which Zack De La Rocha screams at us "KCUF YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!!!!" 16 times at the end of the song. Then he finishes it off with a rousing "MOTHAHKCUFFFFAH!!!@#"

Great song, utterly ruined by the inexplicable need to play it on the radio. Of all the incredible songs on that album, they chose to put a song containing 17 F bombs on the radio. Complete and utter stupidity.

Messages In This Thread