Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lefty's could be moving to Bob & Tom
Fistor Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:It's ok, It makes me happy. No matter what you say Saddam's still gone forever, just like this fat ass sitting on death row will be if they ever get around to off-ing him. Besides I would think that you have a lesser opinion of Hot Wings because of Todays rant. After all Red Beard IS a human being!

Why would I be pissed because of his rant? I thought it was one of his better ones, actually. I agreed with every word.

Oh wait, I'm against the war, so I must be a tree-hugging lefty liberal. I keep forgetting that.

That must be what you're trying to do here, with this horrible attempt at a comparison. Labeling people. I understand that in your mind, there is no gray area, but believe it or not, some people actually do possess the ability to ascribe to stuff that "righties" believe in and some stuff that "lefties" believe in at the same time. I know, weird right? I guess you would call those people "free thinkers". People who don't fit the mold that guys like Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh try so hard to create every day. I'll stop now, because I'm pretty sure that's a difficult concept for you to wrap your head around.

Funny though, I got called a Bushbot and a lefty in the same day.

I'm also happy that Saddam is dead. What I'm unhappy about is the 4,000+ Americans who've died over there. Who cares, though, right? Saddam was a big meany who thumbed his nose at us.

I'm proud of you Fistor, thinking for yourself, and for having opinions on the left and the right. Honestly, believe it or not I'm the same way. Trust me I do feel for the lost American soldiers and their family's, and wish that we were not pushed for years to war. If all that Saddam had done was thumb his nose at us then there would be no reason for war. But unfortunately thats not all he did. He was evil, evil as Hitler in his own way. Just as it is generally accepted that it was a good thing that Hitler is gone and bad that sooooo many people had to die, same with Saddam.

Please just remember that it Didn't have to be that way. Hitler could have turned his army around and marched back within his own borders, and given up his hatred, and his megalomania, but he didn't. Neither did Saddam. The only reason he left Kuwait and didn't try to roll through Saudi Arabia is because we, our military, stopped him. There is no debate WMD's before the first gulf war yet there is debate for the second gulf war. Bur honestly, even if there was not one red nerve agent canister or any nuclear material, given time he would have, no debate. And sooner or later he'd have used them, ask the Kurds.

Yes I voted for George Bush II, and given the same choices, I would again. I get sick of people yapping at his heels, and sometimes I wonder what they would have done given the same set of circumstances. It's true. hind sight is 20/20 and It's easy for partisan arm chair politicians to dig up and dream up criticisms. But he was making snap, real time decisions, and our homeland has not been attacked since 9/11. That says something. Even if you don't like it.

And yes I enjoy the debate, your cool Fistor.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"

Messages In This Thread