Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quit bleeping the farking songs
Quote:I agree, but certain bands have no business releasing songs that are laced with F bombs, knowing that each and every one of them will have to be edited.

Also, I'm not sure how overly cautious they're being, given the radio popularity of "Crazy Bitch" and the song that describes in detail the lead singer getting oral sex from a girl.

On the first point, that's the problem - you say they "have no business releasing" a song, but other people don't have a problem with it. That's the flaw in the system as it is currently set up.

As for the stations being overly cautious on "Crazy Bitch' - Until you've listened to EVERY radio station in America, and heard each of those stations playing that song, you can't really use it as an honest assessment. Some stations may bleep the piss out of it, others might let a little more slide. There's no solid rule. It's just a judgment call.

I know that here in Albany, the "drug dealers on speed dial" line seemed to evolve. When the song was first released, you heard it all. Then it disappeared, and now it's there again.

Messages In This Thread