Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions Superbowl??
Fistor Wrote:I won't say I'm taking a big bite of cornbread just yet, but those bastards have miraculously managed to get me excited about them all over again. The first unit can do no wrong in the preseason so far, offensively and defensively. Well, almost. The running game needs to come around a lot more, but there was marked improvement from preseason week one and ps week two. That may've had everything to do with Kevin Smith starting, who is by far the better back over Tatum Bell, but I also thought I saw holes forming that weren't there in the first week. And all they need is a mere threat of a running game to loosen up the defense, because if either Roy or Calvin get one on one coverage, forget about it.

The defense is looking rather ferocious, too. I truly felt as if Cincinnati was pretty much waiving the white flag at the end of the game, and our guys were still popping pads. This is the first time I've actually seen the team personify coach Marinelli's football philosophy. I see a bunch of guys who are playing with almost desperate passion out there. Controlled violence, I believe are the coach's words. I understand it's only the preseason, but I'm trying to allow myself to hope that they can play like this in November and December. They won't be undefeated, of course, but I just want to see them fight for 4 solid quarters and never quit.

That said, to protect my poor heart from being crushed by the Lions yet again, I'll predict a 5-11 season.

Yes, we've beat this horse before. You are a wise one Fistor. But hey, at least they won!!
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"

Messages In This Thread