Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservatives vs. Liberals
providencecrow Wrote:
dingdongyo Wrote:if taxes weren't involved, would this even be an issue? i don't want someone marrying their house just to get free money. take that away, and i don't care. i'm just not coming over, because i'm not into d.p.

It might be an issue, but i have a strong feeling that it would be substantially less of one. That is where the true inequality comes in between gays and straights, straight people can change their tax status with a ceremony, but gays cannot even with the same ceremony. Therefore it is separate and NOT equal in this case.

The government should ALWAYS view us as individuals, there is no reason anything should change because i choose to marry someone or not.

Just because a man and a women get married doesn't mean the story ends right there. Normally there are children involved. And children are VERY expensive. As an aside, the voting block of Married with Children group is pretty substantial and politicians love to make this group happy. Enter the "Earned Income" tax credit, what is it up to, a thousand bucks a kid? Unless they can come up with "Cloning made Easy" kit, or get alot more liberal about adoptions, I can't see two homosexual people get this tax credit, married or not.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"

Messages In This Thread