Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monsters, Aliens, and Conspiracy Theory's
Mad Dog Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:I was raised in Adams, Tennessee, home of the Bell Witch. My mother's side of the family was related to John Bell, so I have heard a few stories myself. Kinda creepy.

Since many of us are not from Tennessee, could you tell us who John Bell was, and who is the Bell Witch?

John Bell was a farmer in Adams, Tennessee. While prospecting farming land, he ran upon a strange looking animal, half rabbit/half dog, which he shot several times. That night, his family began hearing strange noises. From that time forward, his family, primarily his daughter Betsy, was continuously tormented and haunted by the Bell Witch. President Andrew Jackson, who John Bell served under in the military, even attempted to come to the Bell house to investigate. His horses stopped at a point and would go no further. An American Haunting was based on the Bell Witch, although I never saw it (I do NOT like scary movies).

If you would like to learn more, follow this link:

http://www.bellwitch.org/story.htm
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!

Messages In This Thread