Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credit Card Advice
Allyson Wrote:
providencecrow Wrote:Well then it looks like Bank of America gave me the old screw job. Recently i have been rather disgruntled with Commerce (although somehow its gotten better in like the last 3 weeks) and i went to check out what BoA was offering. They had a lower interest rate on savings, not open sundays, wanted to charge me 25 cents per check i wrote (which isnt many but right now im paying 0 cents), wanted to charge me 50 cents per ATM transaction that is not physically located in a BoA bank (even if it was a BoA ATM machine), and a bunch of other nickle and dime things i havnt had to deal with. There definitely was no mention of any interest rate on checking accounts.

Either their company policy varies from state to state, branch to branch, or they thought i was a gullabull, or at the very least a gullacalf. Either way my point is that woman was a total bitch and needs to walk into oncoming traffic.

I'm telling you man, you need to sign up with Sovereign! There are a bunch of them, the one that I go to is on 37W by Hooper Ave. I have a free checking account with no minimum balance and it earns a teeny tiny interest, but it's still better than nothing. You get free checks and there is no charge to write them, though I use online Billpay. All ATM transactions are free, even if they are not a Sovereign ATM - but you would have to pay the other company if they charge. I just use ATMs at QuickCheck, they are always free. The hours suck of course but that's how it is with every bank except Commerce.

Hmm ill check that sovereign bank out. The Bank of America that tried to bend me over the counter in case anyone wants to avoid it is the one across the street from the TGI Fridays by the Ocean County Mall on Hooper. What the hell quick check do you go to? The closest one i can think of is in asbury. WaWa is the place to go for free atm transactions

Messages In This Thread