Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large Hadron Collider at CERN
This was discussed on air this morning, I was in line to speak about the subject, but they ended the segment.

If I have my facts straight, and I am pretty sure I do, the point behind this experiment is to collide atoms together at nearly the speed of light in hopes to find the Higgs Boson particle.
Or "GOD PARTICLE"

It is theorized that this particle exists, mathematically speaking it should exist in everything.

And the proof of this particle would be a giant step in the search for the Unified Theory of Everything. Which was what Einstein was working on for years before he died.

It would link electromagnitism, the strong, and the weak nuclear forces. It would leave out only gravity. But it would help explain why gravity is so much weaker than the other 3 forces. Gravity is weak, we can stand, lift our arms, pick stuff up, but if we fall 3 stories electromagnitism will show it's power once you splat into the ground. (the ground displays the power, not the gravity pulling you in the fall)

Anyways, on the point of the mini black holes that will be produced...and yes, they probably will.
The good news is that they will dissapate so rapidly that without HIGHLY technical instruments you'd never even know it happened.
Charged particles collide around us in space all the time, and in theory creating these same type phenomenon. i.e. Highly charged particles zooming at us from sunbursts, smashing into our magnetosphere can create such events.

But I'm not worried. I would be very surprised if we humans can even produce enough energy to smash them together fast enough to produce the effects that happen in space.
There's a slim chance, but very very very slim. And even so, it's not going to be anything to worry about.
They're created, they vanish, particles go zooming around.

Messages In This Thread