Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where were you ?
i was on a field trip with my senior class to washington D.C. and new york city. we left the airport monday morning and arrived in washington later that day where we visited the smithsonian, the national mall, and the holocaust memorial museum.

on tuesday, the 11th, we were scheduled to go to the capitol building, the tomb of the unknowns and leave for new york later that day. as we were on the bus heading to capitol building, we saw people running down the steps of the supreme court and construction workers furiously putting their equipment up and getting in their trucks. completely unaware of the situation, we recieved a call from the president of our school telling our chaperones that the world trade center and the pentagon were hit by airplanes and to immediately gather our luggage from the hotel and come back home. when we got on the interstate to leave washington DC, the traffic was backed up for miles and we could clearly see the smoke and fire rising from the pentagon. since all planes had been grounded, the bus driver had to drive all the way back to tennessee where we arrived at around 5 AM on wednesday. my class ended up making the local news and papers.

Messages In This Thread