Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where were you ?
I was in 8th grade, I went to use the restroom when an announcement came on TV to turn all TV's off, not worry about the news and resume daily activities as normal. No one knew what was going on so we immediately turned the TV's on. I expected it to be a war in the middle east or a bombing of some sort, but when my history teacher turned the TV on, we all thought were were seeing a movie...until we saw the plane hit. We watched in silence, and for the rest of the day, no one did any schoolwork, we all went from class to class glued to the TV. The most vivid image I remember seeing were the smoke plumes chasing the people down the street, how people were running for their lives, seeing people covered in ash and soot, the streets of NYC blackened. I remember how eerily silent it was outside, I live close to the Gerald R Ford (Grand Rapids) Airport, no planes at all. You could hear America crying even though it was silent. It was a terrible day, and I will never forget it, my heart goes out to the people who were affected or lost someone they loved.

Messages In This Thread