Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have all become too sensitive
Fistor Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:I don't quite view it as being oppressed, I just don't think it's right to have to pay for other peoples sins/mistakes. I'm seventh generation Euro-trash. Was closer to being a slave than ever actually owning one. Living in an economy that rewards the slackers and punishes those of us who are actually trying to better ourselves.

Call whining, call it whatever. Bitchin' is all I got 'cause it's never going to get better...That's just reality.

Not calling you a whiner at all. I'm just saying if that's the worse thing I have to go through as a white male, I can deal with it. I don't feel I should pay for the sins of my fathers either, but if this is the way it is, so be it. There is a hell of a lot of racism/persecution/oppression still going on that I will never experience, so I don't mind "sacrificing" an extremely small amount of my life if it makes things better as a whole.

Please give examples of racism/persecution/oppression going on. I'm not being a smarta$$ but I want to know the terrible goings on, I don't watch the news. Are there lynchings and beatings going on? People not being allowed to enter buildings because of the color of their skin or religious beliefs? Or are people saying something about fried chicken, or laundry mats...

[Rant] I thought this thread was simply about people being too sensitive not a "which race is being oppressed" thread. I think we're being too sensitive to everyone, and sensitive is probably not the word I would use. We as americans are compliant to the point where no one will have any rights at all because it will hurt someones "feelings". I don't think it should be easier for any race/sex/or religion, but it is, but when the extreme measures are being used to rectify the problems we end up with less qualified people getting jobs, good business people losing their small businesses, loving families losing their homes.
Everyone should be treated equal, sure, but truthfully, we all equally get treated like crap by somone at some point in time.
To let you think that that one person or barrier can stop you from being successful is stupid, it just makes you work harder and makes you a stronger person, but people should not be "given" opportunities simply because they are man, woman, white, black, brown, yellow, purple, lemon or lime. I personally would rather have a black woman doctor that was top of the class because they worked hard and were more gifted, than have black woman doctor that could barely pass the exams but got hired because of affirmative action.
Yes we are too sensitive. I'd tell you to go grow some, but that might be sexist and i would have to apologize. [end Rant]

Messages In This Thread