Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have all become too sensitive
sunshyne Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Not calling you a whiner at all. I'm just saying if that's the worse thing I have to go through as a white male, I can deal with it. I don't feel I should pay for the sins of my fathers either, but if this is the way it is, so be it. There is a hell of a lot of racism/persecution/oppression still going on that I will never experience, so I don't mind "sacrificing" an extremely small amount of my life if it makes things better as a whole.

Please give examples of racism/persecution/oppression going on. I'm not being a smarta$$ but I want to know the terrible goings on, I don't watch the news. Are there lynchings and beatings going on? People not being allowed to enter buildings because of the color of their skin or religious beliefs?

Lemme get this straight, you're.....not being a smartass?

Sure, whites cops aren't blasting black people with fire hoses anymore. Therefore everyone is treated equal now.

Are you seriously trying to tell me there is no more racism? Are you focking serious? I just sat at a bar with a black man and watched the white bartender completely treat him like a pile of shit, and ten minutes before that he was talking to me like a long lost cousin. Maybe he developed a headache in that time, or maybe he didn't like black people based on the color of their skin. I'm guessing the latter.

All I'm saying is racism still exists. Anti-semitism still exists. Sexism still exists. We are absolutely better as a society than we were 30, 40, 50 years ago, but it's still there. My point is I'll never see any of it, being a white male. And if my biggest inconvenience is having to press 1 for English, then I'll be a 1 pressing motherEffer with a smile on my face. Because I'll never know what it's like to be judged based upon the color of my skin, or what I have between my legs.

Messages In This Thread