Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You work for me Doc!
airhornahole Wrote:Has anyone had to have allergy testing done on a kid?

Now that is horrible. Dozens of small pokes on their back and depending on reactions to those, 3 or more shots in the arm.

My son had to do this. About 40 in the back and 10 in his arm. He was sobbing so bad by the end that I was almost in tears. He didn't stop crying until after we got home about 30 minutes later.

Holy crap, that would be rough. My kid would be swimming in ice cream the second I got him home.

The worst thing I've ever seen concerning doctors v. kids was when my middle kid had to go to the eye doctor when she was just a baby. Since she was a premie, there was a danger of her developing or having some optic condition in which the nerves don't attach properly to the back of the eyeball. Both my wife and I were curious as to how the doctor was going to look at the back of her eyeball.

Turns out he jams a big Q-tip between the top of her eyeball and her eyesocket and pushes until he can see the eyeball rolls back far enough for him to see the back of it. I was Effing horrified.

Then he did the second one and I almost kicked his ass on principle.

Messages In This Thread