Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My wife
landmammaldolphin Wrote:Don't quote me, but the only way they would be able to sue is if the employer didn't keep her job for her after the maternity leave. They aren't required to pay you during maternity leave, but they are required to keep your position available for your return. Unfortunately I don't believe there is anything they can do at this point, except collect 6 months of unemployment.

Not completely true, if she held a job that the state required a minimum number of staff to client ratio, like with child care or other human service jobs, you might have to hire temporary staff to fill her spot. Even a receptionist job could be seen as too important to go without.

She should be able to claim unemployment without much of a fight from the employer. They have every right to terminate her employment.

As long as they crossed their t's and dotted their i's there is nothing you can do. Your wife could ask to see her personnel file (they are property of the company, but you have every right to inspect it) there might be internal terminiation paperwork you might want to check over, but it's up to you.

Sorry about that rough situation...Sad She might have too many benefits and make too much money as opposed to a new person who might not yet be benefit eligible. Sometimes money is more important than service to companies...

Messages In This Thread