Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retail chains apparently do not want my money
This is a combination of an infuriated rant and general good information for all who happen to take 5 seconds to read this. Whether you actually care or not, the video game fallout 3 came out yesterday. So today, on my lunch break i visited the local Best Buy, and Gamestop, and then after work i went to Target and Circuit City, and not a single effing one of these stores would sell me the game.

This is because all of the major retail chains have implemented some "Street Date" garbage that is not set by the manufacturer but by the corporate office. The street date between these four stores varied between sometime this friday and next thursday. The aggravating part of it is that in each store, there was a stack of about 50 copies just sitting there. I essentially had the same argument at all 4 stores:

Me: "Can i get a copy of fallout 3?"
Them: "do you have a preorder?"
Me: "No"
Them: "Well then we cant sell you one"
Me: "You have a stack of 50 right there"
Them: "Yeah but its for preorders only"
Me: "Well then let me buy a preorder"
Them: "You cant preorder a game thats already out"
Me: "Well if its out sell me a copy"
Them: "We cant you dont have a preorder"

And yes, at 3 of the 4 locations they did actually say "You can't preorder a game that is already out".

Just for shits and giggles, i called up a local shop thats just owned by some random guy and the conversation went a little bit differently:

Me: "Do you have any copies of Fallout 3?"
Him: "Yes, about 30"
Me: "If i walked in there today would you sell me a copy?"
Him: "I have them here to sell, so yes"

So basically, if these major retailers don't want my money, then they are never getting it again, at least in regards to video games. I don't really have a problem like buying socks at Target still. Sorry that went a little long, but i'm just spreading the word that these companies are retarded and not really worth anyone's money.

That is all, so lets all have a beer or 3

Messages In This Thread