Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat Belt Laws
providencecrow Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Say I'm driving along with my seatbelt on and someone not wearing a seatbelt pulls out in front of me. I slam into him and his dead body flies through the windshield and explodes all over the pavement. I'm going to have a hard time getting over that. I'll probably never be the same again, actually. That would be something that would haunt me for the rest of my life. When my kids grow up and start driving, I would be a basket case, staying up all night just knowing they're dead in a ditch somewhere or pinned up against a tree.

What I'm saying is if there were no seatbelt law, scenes like this would be a lot more commonplace, and it they wouldn't just have one victim.

Taking it further, rates would skyrocket many times more than they already are, since insurance companies would be paying out lot more death benefits and injury claims.

Maybe i'm just crazy because im an advocate of personal responsibility. If you're dumb enough to put yourself in a situation where you will fly through a windsheild, despite the fact there has been an indicator on the effing dashboard since the 70s to drive you nuts when you arent buckled, then it's your problem, not the governments job to slap you on the wrist.

Granted it would not be a fun time to actually witness that happen, but you can't feel sorry for someone. A perfect example, i'm a smoker, and if i get lung cancer and die, and anyone feels sorry for me or even sad about it then i will come back as a zombie and kill them all. It was my choice to smoke, and thusly i should be blamed for my own doings, and not have people be like "Oh thats so sad" even if its family.

It's not a matter of feeling sorry that they died, it's seeing their brain lying next to their body in a pool of blood. That image might haunt someone for a while.

Messages In This Thread