Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You work for me Doc!
I hate when you go to doctors for one thing and they totally ingnore that concern and instead focus on something that wasn't even bothering you to begin with. I had a good friend that went to the dr cause she felt really sick, and not flu sick. They told her she just had a sinus infection and the flu and sent her home. Well, she had a seizure and a stroke that next morning and when her husband took her to the hospital, she had meningitis that had gotten so bad that it cause a stroke, they only gave her 16 hours to live at that point. Luckily shes a fighter, and she made it through the night. she spent five months in the hospital in therapy. They said she would never walk, shes walking again, they said she would never see out of her left eye again, shes getting more vision in her eye. But if the doctor to begin with had just paid a little more attention, a little more time, instead of cycling in and out patients as quickly and numerously as possible, then maybe she would have gone to the hospital in time to save her from having the stroke. She was only 37 years old at the time.

I collapsed and was having majorly extreme pain when I was 15. the first doctor my mom took me to told her I was nuts and that the pain i was having was in my head. Needless to say my mom tore her a new one and we went to another doctor and ended up that i had encephyllitis (think West Nile). I was majorly sick and near death a couple times for three months. I remember my mom crying a lot, the worst was one time i was tired of hurting and just wanted to give up and stopped breathing, and I remember my mom shaking me and telling me to breathe. All that from a stupid mosquito bite.

Messages In This Thread