Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retail chains apparently do not want my money
wingospagettio Wrote:
vsangelchick Wrote:It's stupid, I know....I work in retail...and I will give you the reason that honest people are getting the shaft when it comes to our return policies. It's ORC...organized retail crime. Groups who come in and take brand new products off the shelves and then return hundreds, even thousands of dollars for store credit. Retailers are cracking down on this by using the license return method...although I haven't heard of it being as strict as a once only before. Unfortunately it's inconvenient, but in the long run they're trying to keep honest consumers from paying higher prices. It sucks...and it sucks trying to enforce them when you know it's the customers who aren't the reason for the policy.
Vsangel hits it on the head for return policies. ORC rings suck balls, but after seeing pics of some of them, I can't imagine they spend a lot of time in Vickies.

But as far as not selling a game if you already have a ton of them in stock, that's just bad customer service.

No it's just policy. My main beef is not so much the policy but that the employees are actually stupid enough to ignore all logic due to policy. Corporate just slaps a sticker on it like "Do not sell before XX date" and thats it. It's the same reason that most retail chains got in a bit of trouble a few years ago stockpiling nintendo wiis and not selling them to help perpetuate demand.

Messages In This Thread