Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Depression?
Jiggy Wrote:
lokizilla Wrote:I was reading a story on a woman today. She is on Disability, gets $868 a month. The banks approved her for a loan for a payment of $603 a month. Now she wants help to keep her house. I'm sorry but, my house is almost a grand a month, if I only brought home $1200, there is no way I would have signed for a loan that cost me over 70% of my bring home money. And now she is saying the government needs to bail her out. I think not. This is banks lending wrong.
I wonder when people got the mindset that the world owes them something. I love living in today's world for technology, etc. I wish, however, we could go back to a time when the masses actually took responsibility for their own problems without bringing gov't into the mix. People wake up...If you ask the gov't for help for everything you give them more control. More control means less control for us. Less control for us means no more democracy and everything our fathers and grandfathers fought for was meaningless.

You are so right. What happened to responsibility for what you do? I hear every day, "Nothing is wrong with my phone, it looks just like when I got it." Then I ask to talk to the store rep, and the store rep says, "The phone is in two pieces, has dog teeth marks puncturing it, and it smells like urine." Take responsibility for being irresponsible and leaving your phone where your dog could get it. Or worse people calling in wanting to put insurance on a phone that is lost, when they don't have insurance, and yell at me for not covering their phone. Got to say, I do agree with my company on not backing down on the terms and conditions on the insurance or they would go bankrupt.

Messages In This Thread