Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you Believe in God
Jiggy Wrote:
dingdongyo Wrote:the story says there was nothing wrong with her but bruises.
my reason for asking is, if god had a hand in saving her, why chuck the poor kid into the ditch? why not lift her out of the way and gently set her back down?
You can't be satisfied with getting hit by a car and only having bruises. Would you have been more impressed if I said a chorus of angels descended from heaven following Jesus on a chariot of fire who gently swooped the girl in the air. Then after they laughed about it over hot cocoa and cookies Jesus gave her the cure for cancer and aids. It would have been a better story but in my experience God remains a mystery.
i can't be satisfied with not having the answer. i won't commit my beliefs to a "mystery." i don't understand why this "miracle" was half-assed, and as mentioned in between these statements, why others aren't carried out at all.
are you seriously implying that wanting the explanation is the stupid way to think?

Queenie Wrote:
speedbump Wrote:That's a fine story, but what about the thousands of kids who get hit by a car in that situation and do die? Do you think of them too? One freak occurrence is peanuts compared to accidents that happen like we expect them too.

Have you also thought of "you reap what you sow." Oh and hold off on the innocent children. Those innocent children may have had something worse in store for them and God spared them. IMO no matter how you look at it, you are much better spared from this world.
this seems like making excuses to me. it's just as easy to look at it completely the other way, as i tend to do, and believe in the random and chaos. and it seems to me that god carries the burden of proof, which it doesn't fulfill.

we'll all believe what we want, and find reasons to do so. even if those reasons come from the exact same event.

Messages In This Thread