Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoot the breeze
So my 4 month old mini dachshund got into some diaper ointment that was laying on the floor tonight. He ate some of the tube, which has a thin foil lining on the inside, and he ate about half of the ointment. I called the emergency vet and they said to call ASPCA poison control. I called them and found out I had to pay a $60 fee just to consult with them, which would've been fine if I actually could find my wallet, with my debit and credit cards, in all the confusion. So I hang up and somehow find the home number for his actual vet. He says to keep giving him peroxide until he throws up. I must've gave him about 4 oz's of peroxide over a 45 min period until I gave up. He's only 6 lbs. I was thinking it should have worked by then. I waited about an hour and he finally started blowing chunks. He seems fine now, besides being weak and looking worn out. I hope he's better in the morning.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.

Messages In This Thread