Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TOO much Government?
potthole Wrote:
lokizilla Wrote:Very true. It has to be found in the Constitution to make law.

So... slavery wasn't banned to begin with in the Constitution, does that mean we should go back and allow it once more?

The one thing that makes me so mad is when slavery is thrown in to validate a point. I dislike working at a place that automatically thinks I'm racist, because I am white. Just to make clear, half of my friends are black, between the other half it is a mix of any color. If you are nice to me I don't care. Here's my point:

The writers of the Constitution only allowed slavery to get the Southern states to sign the Constitution. The South was actually upset that the Constitution restricted importing slaves in to our country in 1808. The best thing about the Constitution, if you don't like something, it can be repealed, because it is left open for that, it is for the living, not for the dead. By the first part of the Constitution, we couldn't go back to slavery anyway. You can't import them in, and by it you can't order someone to be slave, how would you get a slave in the first place? Laws protect people, there is no way to go back to that horrid way of life.

Edit: If you are nice to me I don't care. Fixed from your....

Messages In This Thread