Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
player dies after hockey fight
dingdongyo Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:-is anybody else disappointed that nhl.com doesn't have a blip on this story?
No, since the OHA isn't affiliated with the NHL. (at least I don't think it is. Please correct me if I am wrong.)

it looks like you are right. the nhl doesn't appear to be affiliated with any of the canadian hockey leagues.

i looked a little more, and i can't find any news of this on any professional hockey site. not even the ohl. i'm disappointed that i never would have known this had happened if i didn't google it. when a player dies playing your sport, it seems to me you should pay him at least some respect, even if you don't like the connotations that some people would put with it.

It's the OHA, not the OHL. They are different. The OHA has it as the lead story.

-maybe the other leagues are not covering it, because it isn't the best PR news for a sport that already struggles in ratings. (in the USA)
The NFL wouldn't cover an AFL, AFL2 or college player dying on the field, or vice versa, unless they had ties to a certain team. Maybe this is the same sort of thing.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."

Messages In This Thread