Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You Angry?
hotzester Wrote:
Quote:I wonder if hotzester is republican?

HotZester IS a republican...a relatively conservative one at that. This isn't something I'd be at all inclined to try to mask. Thanks for pointing it out though - I'm sure there are people here who A) care, B) couldn't figure it out previously, or C) didn't read any of the posts wherein I said as much using fairly small words.

Not true. The 2004 inauguration cost $42.3 million plus security, whereas Obama's is currently estimated to be $45 million plus security. If you're unaware, 45 is a bigger number than 42.3. Would you like to try again?

Quote:I'd worry more about the $700 billion we're giving to unethical businesses or the billions we spend on fighting wars against every one else on the planet.

I agree (and have said) that spending money on failing businesses is irresponsible. That said, let us not forget that the reason the two major mortgage companies (Fannie and Freddie) failed is because government strong-armed them into taking on high risk loans.

Second, "fighting wars against every one else on the planet"....okay, ignoring the fact that "everyone" is one word and not two as you wrote it, we're not fighting them all. We're in Iraq and Afghanistan. If you're in favor of gas attacks on citizens, rape rooms, and the oppression of women to the point where they can't even attend school, and also want to condone Iraq's acceptance of al Qaeda, the same group who murdered 3,000 Americans, then I can see why you might be against the war. I'm just not in any of those categories.

Hey, I know that "everyone" is one word, not two! I was just typing fast! Nice deflection to prove your superiority!

And about the military, I just think it's a little ridiculous that our military is so huge and is mainly used for offensive reasons, not defensive. We're getting into everyone's business and telling them what to do, not protecting our own soil. You could argue that we're doing "preventive" protection by getting them first, but how is it that the other major countries survive without as huge a military? I think it's just our ego. Plus, half your taxes go to supporting it. Hope you think it's REALLY worth HALF your taxes!
[Image: pie.gif]

Messages In This Thread