Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zane is a Hypocrite
I loved ID4 back in 1996. I saw it about 5 times at the theater. I got it on VHS when it came out and for the next 2 years I probably watched it 50 times. Around 1999, when the new Star Wars movie and The Matrix came out, I moved on.

Then in 2004 or 2005 one, FX showed it on the 4th of July, pretty much the entire day I think. I sat down to watch it and.....uh.........yeah. It's still a nice time waster, and it's certainly not the worst movie ever, but it's basically a high budget B-movie. The special effects are still kind of cool, but man going back and trying to take it seriously is impossible.

I still fall in the floor laughing at the "fact" that you can survive a 15 mile wall of fire by jumping into a utility closet in a tunnel. Or that a computer virus that will take down an entire alien infrastructure can be written in about 4 hours. As Kevin Pollack said, "Who knew the aliens had Windows 95?"

And it wasn't as bad as Twister, another 1996 "classic". I loved the "I can look up into an F-5 tornado part at the end." Yep...too bad your eyeballs probably would have been sucked out.

Messages In This Thread