Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How old were you when you moved out of the house
i was 23 too. just felt it was time for a while, so eventually i got an apartment of my own. is she the youngest/last child to move? i think it makes a slight difference. i was the last to move out on a single parent, and there's always a slight twinge of guilt over leaving poor mom alone.

i understand the feeling. i have a 17 year old burnout nephew who can't commit to anything positive (job, gym, school, any kind of productive activity), and literally sits and plays xbox for as many hours a week as i work. he knows he's being lazy, but still rejects any kind of motivation.

i don't put your niece in the same boat, though... she seems to like animals and being active and social, and all those should help inspire her to explore the real world at her own pace. there's nothing wrong with having a good relationship with your parents. nor with being young at heart, especially since she's still only 19.

she'll stumble and struggle just like everyone does when they are finding their own legs. but she will find them.

Messages In This Thread