Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Octuplets
hotzester Wrote:It's a never ending cycle because the system is set up to perpetuate the problem, whereas having a definitive end date (or no assistance at all, save for the essential nutrients of the children) would mean they HAVE to get going.

I could go on for hours about comprehensive welfare reform (mandatory urine screenings, home visits to ensure there's no cable television, DVD players, cell phones, etc.) and how I'd like to change the system, but the unfortunate reality is that the bleeding hearted among us would never permit it, because it's too intrusive. So the result is all we can do is deal with the system as it's currently set up. Under a reformed system, there would be more incentive to break free of the system, and for those who don't, a cold dose of reality as it shuts down around them.

Totally agree with you. I would love to see someone step inside these homes and see exactly what that 'free' money is being spent on. It burns my ass up to stand behind some freeloader in the checkout line, who's talking on a phone that cost more than you'd ever spend, and then they proceed to use a Effing food stamp card, then load up their Cadillac Escalade with the Effing rims and loud ass radio...... :-[ i gotta stop....

Messages In This Thread