Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gross things YOU did as a kid...
Titan ! Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:When I was really young the only way i would eat broccoli would be to chew each piece and spit it back out on my plate, then when i was done with all of the pieces I would eat them.

You get my vote for grossest. Good god, the thought of a chewed pile of broccoli on your plate is bad enough, but the thought of you eating it makes me gag.

Queenie Wrote:This isn't necessarily gross, but definitely not safe. I lived in a neighborhood in Nashville that had an industrial park behind it. There was a manufacturer that made glass thermometers and they would throw all defective and/or broken ones in a dumpster out back. We used to collect these, break them and then play with the mercury.

I did that in high school with my teacher's full knowledge. Back then mercury must not have been as poisonous as it is now. My photo professor told me that if a mercury thermometer broke today, they would have to close the entire floor of the building until it was officially cleaned and deemed "safe"

And for me, when I was in kindergarten I walked to school, and found an entire un wrapped snickers bar on the ground, I picked it up, brushed off the ants and ate it.

My God! These days if you break a mercury thermometer you better get a hazmat suit on!!! I dropped one in the lab and it broke. I did what I was supposed to and called the spill team. You should have seen the commotion!! I was standing close to it, blocking people from getting into it before the spill team came. The Employee Health nurse came flying into the lab yelling at me to get back.....She was crazed!! We couldn't have access to the lab for hours!

Messages In This Thread