Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arguments with your friends
Allyson Wrote:The ongoing fight I have with my boyfriend is mathematical theory. He claims that math is completely made up, just things that philosophers pulled out of the sky. My stance is it's not made up because two of something is clearly more than one of something, it's double, times two, etc. Just because we affix made-up words to them doesn't mean the theory is made up.

Really ??? i missed this one ever being mentioned.

Regardless who came up with the concept of math. Math is the way we created to actually quantify things or give things a value in an organized system. Kind of like the way science is a method to go about studying.... well anything.

The argument I have had with someone that I can remember is someone trying to tell me that .999~ (.999 keeps going on infinitely) = 1

This is based off the concept that if you have 1/3 of something it = .333~ which means because 3/3 = 1 that 3/3 must = .999~

Now to begin with he said this argument to me, is a complete nerd/geek argument but I think it seems to make no sense, because last time i checked the only number that can = 1 is 1 a number equals itself and that's it.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]

Messages In This Thread