Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eff this, philly mike is an idi0t, ask zdunklee.
zdunklee Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:Which brings me back to the point that the fraction is just the division of the numbers not showing the actual answer because it is simpler it would be the same as saying instead of writing the number 2 i will just write 1+1, they mean the same thing but 1+1 is the incomplete way of doing it. the difference is that with fractions and infinite decimals the fraction is just showing a rounded version of the infinite because it is easier.

What the hell man, how many times do I have to say this: FRACTIONS ARE NOT ROUNDED! The only way they are rounded is if you are incapable of working with infinity and round off the decimal expansion at some point in your own head, which is apparently the case. Even Calculators do not round off fractions...

In mathematics, real mathematics not the mathematics in your head, if a number is rational it is always taken as a fraction or its whole number representation, it is never taken as the decimal because the decimal would lead to bad calculations not being able to extend it to infinity.
the fraction itself isn't rounded, but it represents the rounded infinite decimal.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]

Messages In This Thread