Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats the last movie you watched
Doktor Wrote:Firstly Novels != Comics. So your LOTR analogy falls flat there.

The Dark Knight is to Batman as Japanese Spider-Man is to Spider-Man

Yeah it had the basic elements of Batman (guy has a batsuit and fights crime) but it was a clustereff of fail. Joker was the only entertaining part of the film.

your serious here??

a book is a book. written word is still written nonetheless. The addition of pictures and putting speech bubbles instead of plain text on the page still is the written word. Batman, spiderman, Ghost rider, Punisher, and any other comics are as translatable as LOTR. you can't completely recreate the characters exactly, like with LOTR merry and pippin were kind of dumber than in the book, Frodo and Sam had more of a brokeback mountain relationship thing going on, and so on. But the movies were still kick ass.

So yes they are comparable, yes batman wasn't just like the comic batman, but the movies were really good. Spiderman shot web out of his wrists instead of using cartridges. When you convert to a live action movie it changes the makeup of what made the comic/novel what it was. If you want something to be exact you have a better chance of them doing so with a cartoon than a movie.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]

Messages In This Thread