Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIME POLICE
speedbump Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:And it would depend on the timing of the killing. If he were killed pre-WWII then this would have been a totally different planet. Especially considering much of our modern technology was born during WWII fighting him. If Hitler was killed during during his failed assassination attempt, I suspect very little would have been different since the mechanisms that shaped our world were already in place at that time.

^This. Killing Hitler pre-WWII would have a far greater effect on society than just having more Jewish people. WWII made the US a superpower. Had the US not been in such a powerful position when JFK became president, he may not have been shot. He probably wouldn't even have been president. Maybe this is supposed to be as simple as "save millions of handicapped, Jewish, and people who just got in the way from genocide" or "prevent a presidential assassination", but it's not. I think I'm too conflicted to answer. You can bitch at me and say I'm condemning millions to death, but how many millions would have died had the medical advances from WWII not been brought back after the war? I can't do the math, but I'm sure it's also a lot. There are also the deaths of the soldiers fighting the war and innocent citizens that need to be considered, so who the Eff knows?

Too tough to answer for me.

WOW! kind of serious there, aren't we?

yeah there is a possibility we would miss out on all of the medical advances, however you are forgetting about the USSR at the time. They were our enemies too. If not for hitler we would have possibly been at full blown war with them thus making a different WWII. Possibly with the same or even stronger advancements, considering USSR is bigger and had oil. If that were to happen the whole makeup of the world itself may be different. On top of that who knows what allies the USSR would have had.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]

Messages In This Thread